The ThermoBak is purely designed to keep water cool for as long as possible - and it does this incredibly well!
A great aspect of this hydration pack that I find pleasing is the ability to refill without needing to fully remove the bladder. I find this makes the refill process convenient and very fast. Plus, it includes a D-ring attachment point to make it easy to attach to a rucksack, vest or similar load-bearing device.
I’ve realized the CamelBak ThermoBak is comfortable to wear even after being in place for a number of hours. Its sternum strap is great for keeping everything in place even when actively moving around. Overall, if you’re just after a system to keep hydrated I would highly recommend this pack.
- 100 ounces (or 3 liter) water capacity
- 183 cubic inches (3 liter total volume)
- D-right attachment system
- Stowaway internal pocket
- Quick-releasing shoulder straps
I love the design of this CamelBak – though there isn't much space for packing supplies. It is a high-quality hydration pack that is built to be tough, including the zippers. And should the zippers fail, there is a back-up Velcro system in place. I can easily fit a few snack bars or similar in the zip-up area.
In my opinion, the ThermoBak is great at keeping the water cool for a good number of hours. It has a bite valve cover to ensure bugs and dirt is kept out. Although, for the first sip of water from the hose it can be quite warm, but after that it is fine.
You get D-hooks attached to the straps which are great for clipping on a camera or similar other device you have.
A slight negative I have with the CamelBak ThermoBak Omega is the lack of a clip or similar to hold the drinking hose – Although I find that I can easily attach it to the straps and it generally stays put while out hiking or running.
Also, it can be quite difficult to wash this type of hydration pack so if you're likely to have issues in that regard, it might be best to look at alternative options.
- Tough and durable
- Doesn't have issues with leaks
- Great 100 oz capacity
- Easy to refill with large opening
- Long drinking tube
- The tube is insulated with neoprene sleeve
- Bite valve w/protective cover
- Non-padded should straps (can be uncomfortable if just wearing a tank-top or similar)
- A lack of real pockets to hold supplies – although there is a small amount of space in the water bag compartment